Sunday, January 9, 2011
Things I've Learned
1. The World is not fair and no one owes you anything.
2. You are not as smart as you think, and if something looks too good to be true, it probably is.
3. Not all pain is gain.
4. Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly is to the bone.
5. The smiling counselor in a suit and tie waiting for you at the bank is far more dangerous than the black guy with the strange hairdo in the subway or the bald, pierced and tattooed biker seated next to you at the bar.
6. There's always one more imbecile than you expected.
7. You cannot make something idiot-proof. They'll come up with better idiots.
8. The person who needs your help the most is the one less likely to accept it.
9. Never follow the herd. It is generally headed for the slaughterhouse.
10. Everybody knows what to do. Very few actually do it.
11. When a man with experience meets a man with money. The man with the experience walks away with the money and the man with the money walks away with the experience.
12. The longest distance in the World is the one that separates the mouth from the wallet.
13. No plan survives contact with the enemy.
14. A good friend will come and bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying: damn we fucked up!
15. Be nice to the people you meet on your way up, because you'll meet them again on your way down.
16. The fall won't kill you. It's the landing.
17. A Smith&Wesson beats 4 Aces.
18. Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop to look around once in a while, you could miss it.