Friday, July 6, 2007

4 Questions

I believe in the law of reciprocity and I found out that the best way to attract interesting people is by being interesting yourself. That’s why I try to avoid small talk and make it a point never to chat about the weather, headlines, sports, celebrities and other common subjects.

Here are 4 questions I always ask:

1. What is your biggest dream? (And what is your plan for achieving it?)
2. What is the biggest risk you’ve taken?
3. What is the dumbest thing you’ve done?
4. What is the best story you have to tell?

They help me learn more about my interlocutor than a day’s worth of chit chat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi JMG,
Stop wasting your time : you owe me a creative job for our web strategy and at least call me if you want to come for a brunch this week-end with your family.
It shouldn't take you a long time to guess my identity.
By the way, the blog is really interesting.